The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

burtwalsh (6) [Avatar] Offline
The book needs more code samples (simple and concise to explain the point). There is too much verbiage.
arnonrgo (62) [Avatar] Offline
Re: pictures and code
I tried to keep the book at the architecture level so that patterns can be open to many different implementations (there can be different designs that use the pattern, implemented in many technologies, using/not using 3rd party products etc.)
I don't want to lock the reader to a specific implementation. E.g. the technology mapping section points to several options

There's one chapter with more code samples called "putting it all together" ( which, by the way, should be out on the meap soon (I submitted the draft to manning earlier this week))
Where I try to show a single system and how different patterns where implemented there

Arnon
burtwalsh (6) [Avatar] Offline
I am an architect and can appreciate that, but I am also an active learner. The content is quite good so far and I would recommend the book to others. I think a site of implementations would be great as a complement.
arnonrgo (62) [Avatar] Offline
Nice idea - I first need to finish the book though (and as you can see/know it has already been taking too much time))

Send me your email (you can do that via the contact form on http://arnon.me ) and I'll send you the draft for the "putting it all together" chapter. I'd be happy to hear if this is the direction you are interested in

Arnon