The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

boyarsky (67) [Avatar] Offline
I enjoyed reading this chapter. It was cool seeing Pixel Perfection in written form after you described it verbally at The Server Side Java Symposium.

page 83 - listing 5.2 - is the template declaration supposed to be misindented?
page 89 - I read this sentence three times trying to figure out what the question was before realizing it was a statement: "That's a lot of conditionals so let's talk about what we could do about this problem?"
page 94 - I was all set to note "class path" should be one word when I noticed even Oracle uses it inconsistently.
In section 5.6, is the problem that the test is slow, flaky or both? In the example, you noted the tests still fail 10% of the time even after waiting half a second. The fix eliminates the flaky part, but wouldn't the test still take half a second sometimes? Or is the point that the test is slower than it sometimes should be as opposed to raw speed?

I really like the technique of using // to force Eclipse formatting to respect new lines!