The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

m.dr (70) [Avatar] Offline
I had a question on ServiceReferences - does the reference in a component still need to use the same reference tag as in: <reference name="xxxx" >
Or is it a different tag to the service?

Also you mention the payment-java-sample-pass sample contribution.
I checked out from SVN and I do not see that contribution in the checkoout that is java-sample-pass reference contribution.

There is payment-java, payment-java-policy, payment-spring, payment-spring-policy, payment-spring-scatag.
No payment-java-sample-pass.

I have also checked out from the Beta-20 and none there either.

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks.
simon.nash (37) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Section 5.10 Passing SCA service references
The reference tag in a component definition remains the same if you're using a ServiceReference in the Java code.

The name of the sample contribution is payment-java-reference-pass (see section 5.10.1). This contribution is present in the travel sample 1.0 release. See section A.2.1 for instructions on where to download the travel sample.
m.dr (70) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Section 5.10 Passing SCA service references
Thanks Simon.