This topic is READ ONLY
hayfields (3) [Avatar] Offline
I am using Python 2.5 on a Mac with OS 10.6.6.
I have a few questions:
1. In EasyGui, my buttons are square, unlike the buttons in PythonCard and everywhere else. How can I make them round?

2. In PythonCard's resourceEditor, the component BitmapCanvas displays as a white square, does not appear in the Property Editor window or in your resource, does not disappear until you restart resourceEditor and is removed from your resource file. How can I make show up correctly?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
JF
carter.sande (32) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Python on the Mac
The square buttons are just a cosmetic issue with EasyGUI. That's because EasyGUI uses a different method to draw things on the screen. There's no way to make them round (that I know of) instead of square.

Also, the white square is just how BitmapCanvas is displayed in Resource Editor. It's a placeholder for whatever the program "paints" on the canvas. If you deleted it (even if it didn't disappear) then it would be gone from the resource file.

Thanks,
Carter
Thank you!
Today, I was experimenting and found out that you can make the buttons round in EasyGUI by making the window shorter and shorter until they come out round.
Also a question:
When I am using PythonCard's dialog.fontDialog() dialog, it pops up for about 0.25 seconds at the bottom left corner of the screen. You can't edit the font in 0.25 seconds. I get an error like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#3>", line 1, in <module>
dialog.fontDialog(None)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PythonCard/dialog.py", line 20, in fontDialog
result = dialogs.fontDialog(parent, font=aFont)
File "//Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-mac-unicode/wx/lib/dialogs.py", line 217, in fontDialog
fontData.SetColour(wx.BLACK)
File "//Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-mac-unicode/wx/_windows.py", line 2784, in SetColour
return _windows_.FontData_SetColour(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: Expected a wxColour object, a string containing a colour name or '#RRGGBB', or a 3- or 4-tuple of integers.

only in the shell and the dialog never appears.
In a program, It just flashes.
carter.sande (32) [Avatar] Offline
Any PythonCard function to open a dialog box takes at least one argument -- the window class that's opening it. You can see an example of this in the VirtualPet program. In the shell, you don't have that class to call it from. That's why the shell is giving you an error.

Also, could you send us the code you use to open the dialog from a program? You can e-mail us at cp4khelp@yahoo.com .

Carter
Carter,
I sent the file in an email. Did you receive it?
Jed