The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

m.dr (70) [Avatar] Offline
Had a couple of basic questions on setting up a WebApp in Tuscany using Maven using a total of 3 composites. I am exploring Tuscany for development in Java (implementation.java) and just wanted to make sure I was going about it in the 'right' way in terms of setup.

I am following the book but also trying to setup my own app so I can think thru certain things and approaches I have done before and need to break. I have mainly used Struts before so don't know if inversion of control will be an issue.

I created 3 composites:
1 - Composite for Simple WebApp;
2 - Composite for query components to access a DB;
3 - Composite for domain level objects such as Patient and such.

I used the Maven task:
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://tuscany.apache.org

So a question I have is: in setting up the project in eclipse I set up 3 separate projects and then include necessary projects for each so classes can be seen.

Is this the right way to do this? However when I deploy it does not work as the other composites are not seen.

Which example would provide a good example of structuring a webapp with JSPs with other composites in other projects? And then deploying them to a separate container like JBOSS or GlassFish and not the default Jetty.

Thanks.
simon.nash (37) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Structuring a Project
I'm not familiar with mvn archetype:generate. I believe that Tuscany 2.0 uses Maven archetypes but I haven't heard of them being used with Tuscany 1.x. I see that you have posted a question about this to the Tuscany user list, so hopefully you will get an answer there.