This topic is READ ONLY
Silvercat (6) [Avatar] Offline
Hi, I'm a seventh grader using your Hello World book and I was wondering if you knew how I could get easygui working. I keep trying to install it but it hasn't worked so far when I tried 'import easygui'. I'm using a Mac computer. I tried putting easygui.py where python is installed, but I wasn't exactly sure where that meant. It worked once when I tried to import it in interactive mode, and I was able to make one 'OK' button, but after that it hasn't worked. I haven't gotten very far in the book yet, please help!
warren.sande (211) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Easygui on Python
I'm sure we can help you get EasyGui working.

Fist, did you run the Hello World! installer for Mac? Or did you install Python some other way? What version of Mac OSX do you have?

If you ran our installer, then Python should be installed in this location:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/

You should put easygui.py in the sub-folder called "site-packages":
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/

If you put EasyGui.py in that folder, it should work.

If you already did that, and it's still not working, post another message and we'll figure out what's wrong.

Regards,
Warren and Carter
magiknapkin (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Warren. I'm having the same problem. I'm not sure where to put easygui.py on my Macbook. I'm using OS X 10.6.6. I actually installed Python from python.org a while before I got your book, Hello World!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm using Python 2.7. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I've been fine using the book with 2.7 so far.

Edit2: I figured it out, sort of. On sourceforge, it said to install it to use "python setup.py install" in terminal, so I tried that and a couple other things. I'm not sure which "solution" actually got it to work but I was successfully able to import easygui. =)

Edit3: Scratch that. I'm getting the error message again when I try to import easygui. =(

Edit4: I asked around and was told to change the directory on the command line with the cd command. So, I changed it to the folder that the file was located in and successfully installed it. =)
Silvercat (6) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you so much for your help, I had just put easygui in the wrong location, but it's working fine for me now. Thanks again!
DarkOrion (1) [Avatar] Offline
When i go to library I can't find frameworks or any other branches of the python file. I downloaded 2.7.5 and I have it under home. I can't find easygui even though i moved it into the Python folder. Please help!