The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

verket (34) [Avatar] Offline
Obviously this is not always possible. Neither is is always possible to reset the database before every start.
In a project I'm working on, I can recognize the data that was added to the database (because it was all created by a specific user) and we run a cleanup script after every test.
This cleanup script is part of the automation layer, not of the speficication layer.
gojko.adzic (18) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Ch. 10 Execute tests in transactions
no practice in the book is universally applicable. that is exactly why I had "try this" and "avoid this" in early versions. unfortunately, and against my better judgement, we are using a layout that has thumbs up and down that suggest prescriptive advice instead of suggestive advice, and no longer have try/avoid in the headers. I'll add a warning about that to the book introduction but I have a feeling that it won't help much.