The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

drozzy (4) [Avatar] Offline
I am stuck on Ch7, p.225.

I am looking at the page, and then the source code for ch 6 and they are completely different... Am I crazy?
For example I can't find the line:
"<taskdef resource="aQute/bnd/ant/taskdef.properties" ...>"

in the code.
stuart.mcculloch (29) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Stuck on jEdit megabundle
The source that's unpacked to begin with in ch6 when you first do "ant dist" is the vanilla jEdit distribution. This source won't contain the various bnd entries because we leave it to you to edit these files as you read through the chapter.

If you want to take a shortcut then you can use "ant jEdit.patch" to automatically patch the vanilla distribution with the same changes mentioned in the chapter. You should then be able to match them up.

PS: if you're running on OSX then you might need to add:

-Dorg.osgi.framework.bootdelegation="com.apple.*"

to the launch command, because the OSX look and feel uses Apple packages:

java -Djedit.home=jEdit -Dorg.osgi.framework.bootdelegation="com.apple.*" -jar launcher.jar jEdit

HTH