The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

RobertGloverJr (30) [Avatar] Offline
I was reading through some Spring API JavaDoc and stumbled upon a recommendation embedded in the JavaDoc to read a free pdf by Mark Richards named "Java Transaction Design Strategies". I have read every page of this 117 page book and can attest to the extraordinary usefulness of reading this book to better understand transactions.
I feel this so strongly, that I suggest that Mr. Walls add a recommendation in his book to download this free book as part of learning Spring transactions. The link to download this book for free is: http://www.infoq.com/minibooks/JTDS

Message was edited by:
RobertGloverJr
bbaron (61) [Avatar] Offline
Re: free pdf by Mark Richards named "Java Transaction Design Strategies"
I agree 100%. The section explaining Tx isolation is the best I've read
RobertGloverJr (30) [Avatar] Offline
Re: free pdf by Mark Richards named "Java Transaction Design Strategies"
I just re-checked where I heard about this. The recommendation is in section
"9.10. Further Resources" of the Spring 2.5 reference documentation:

Find below links to further resources about the Spring Framework's transaction support.
• Java Transaction Design Strategies is a book available from InfoQ that provides a well-paced introduction
to transactions in Java. It also includes side-by-side examples of how to configure and use transactions
using both the Spring Framework and EJB3.