khoithinh (2) [Avatar] Offline
According to JBoss online document, the "standard" server configuration complies with the Java EE 5.0 spec., the "all" server configuration has everything the "standard" server has, plus clustering feature. So my question is this, is the "all" server configuration comply with Java EE 5.0 also, like the "standard" server config??
Thanks in advanced.
PeterJ (83) [Avatar] Offline
Re: standard vs all server configuration
My understanding is that only the "standard" configuration was run through the Java EE TCK (the tests that verify compliance). Also, "standard" is "default" with various configuration tweaks, while "all" is "default" plus clustering. From my understanding, there are no code differences between "all", "default" and "standard" for code that they have in common - note that they all share common code located in common/lib (there are very few libraries in server/xxx/lib)
khoithinh (2) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for the replied Peter!

I did compare the file "ear-deployer-jboss-beans.xml" under "deployer" directory of the two server configurations, "all" and "standard", and realized that the one from the "standard" server config is setting the following attribute names to "true":

(JBossAppParsingDeployer)
<property name="callByValue">true</property>

(EARClassLoaderDeployer)
<property name="isolated">true</property>

But these attribute names were setting to "false" in the "all" server config.

Do you know exactly what these properties are for? And when do I need to set them to true, if I decide to use the "all" server configuration for deploying my application?

Thanks.
PeterJ (83) [Avatar] Offline
I'm sorry, but I do not know what these settings do.