The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

megachucky (17) [Avatar] Offline
Hey,

the book contains a short, but detailed enough explanation for Maven. Thanks for that (until now, I always had to use ANT in our enterprise projects).

I use Eclipse and m2eclipse. The following question arises:
Why do Camel archetypes not create test folders (i.e. /test/ and /test/ressources/ as it creates /src/ and /src/ressources? I always have to create the test folders manually, right? I wonder why (because everybody should require test folders, too)?

Best regards,
Kai
janstey (72) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Why do Camel Archetypes not create Test-Folders?
They don't include any test directories because there are no tests included with the archetypes. Though, maybe the test dirs should be there even though the dirs will be empty like you suggest. I'll make this change for now.

I guess it would be a good idea to add some simple tests to the archetypes as well smilie

Cheers,
Jon