The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

masterof0 (4) [Avatar] Offline
I am reading Ext in Action and following the example in 1.6. The catch is that I am doing this with the jQuery adapter. When I follow the example verbatim, without jQuery, the box turns yellow for a second then goes back to blue (I am assuming this is the expected behavior). When I include jQuery into the mix, the window builds okay, but it never highlights. Here is the basic configuration I have:

<script type="text/javascript" src="vendor/couchapp/loader.js"></script> //jquery loader
<script type="text/javascript" src="vendor/extjs/ext-jquery-adapter-debug.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="vendor/extjs/ext-all-debug.js"></script>

If I add the base lib into the configuration, the box highlights.

<script type="text/javascript" src="vendor/couchapp/loader.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="vendor/extjs/ext-jquery-adapter-debug.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="vendor/extjs/ext-base-debug.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="vendor/extjs/ext-all-debug.js"></script>

Looking at section 1.5.3, it appears as though the base lib is not required. So, my question is if do I need to include the base lib or am I creating a conflict that will create more issues down the road? As I add more components, will I need to add additional libs or is the adapter all I need?

Message was edited by:
masterof0
jesus.garcia (463) [Avatar] Offline
Re: What scripts/libs need to be defined?
Hi Masterof0,

I think the issue w/ ExtJS and jquery compatability, and the Sencha guys will probably not fix it.

When loading base-debug after jQuery, you're essentially nullifying the need to have ext-jquery-adapter in your project.

If you don't need jQuery, i would remove it from your project. Else, use Ext JS base adapter with Ext jS for the best stability for the best experience w/ the framework.
masterof0 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Re: What scripts/libs need to be defined?
I appreciate the response. Unfortunately, I am missing something. So, what I am gathering from this is that based on my experience, there is a compatibility issue, but nothing that Sencha is likely to address. What I should do is use one lib or the other unless I absolutely need to run to the two together, in which case I should use only the adapter and ext-all.