The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

swingtime (12) [Avatar] Offline
I realize that classloading and custom annotations are not new but they seem to be things that a Well Grounded Java Developer should know and may not be covered that well elsewhere. Especially classloading ! I may be wrong but I don't think either Core Java or Thinking in Java cover it. Generics might be a good addition as well.
benjamin.evans (18) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Suggested Topics
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

We do cover some material on classloading, but it doesn't have its own section - some of it is covered in Chapter 1, with some more material about load vs link time in Chapter 6, where we explain about the verifier. We'll have a think about where we could put an overview section.

Custom annotations is a good suggestion as well - we originally had a section about Type Annotations (JSR 30smilie - but they were moved to JDK 8, so we took that section out. Perhaps we could look to include a review of custom annotations in thier place.