The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

luke.bace (66) [Avatar] Offline
Please post all errata here. Thanks.
verket (34) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Errors and Corrections
Chapter 5 errata:
- p. 76: "see how valuable this is [collaborating on specifications]" should be "see how valuable [collaborating on specifications] is"
- p. 76: "they will not necessarily how best" --> "they will not necessarily know how best"
- p. 78: use of abbreviation PBR before specifying what it means: "fit them into on-demand PBR workshops"
- p. 79 "When: Domain requires..." --> "When: the domain requires..."
- p. 81: use of abbreviation BA without explaining it. "These tests should be seen by the BA..."
- p. 81: "When: mature products" --> "When: working on mature products"
- p. 82: "When: Analysts writing tests" --> "When: Analysts write tests"
- p. 83: "When: business stakeholders readily available" --> "When: business stakeholders are readily available"
- p. 84: "We have an agreement that we have to have agreed ATTD test cases..." I agree that this sentence is quite unclear.
- p. 85: "detailed examples but with as bullet points" --> "detailed examples but as bullet points"
- p. 89: "There was a big battle to make cells promiscuous (6 months) that would have solved the problem". I have no idea what this sentence means...
- p. 89: "When: stakeholders readily available" --> When: stakeholders are readily available"
- p. 90: "the business analyst COMPLETELY prescribed VERY MUCH EVERYTHING". You don't mean "everything", do you? lol
- p. 90: avoid abbreviations, pls BAs --> Business Analysts

See you at the Belgium Testing Days, Gojko smilie
eugene.burov (2) [Avatar] Offline
p. 22. Chapter 2
"It the system works correctly ..." -> to "If the ..."
gregor.gramlich (1) [Avatar] Offline
p. xviii Agile Testing book by__Lisa Crispin (has two spaces, where I put underscores)
p. xxiii it means that it the advice is coming from (remove second "it")
p. 10 covered by the Fitnesse suite -> FitNesse
adystokes (1) [Avatar] Offline
Pg 155 "After several months of years of building executable specification,"

Should this be 'months or years' ?
Chapter 6
p. 102: "when: complex/legacy infrastructures" --> "when: working on complex/legacy infrastructures"
p. 103: "When: Data-driven projects" -->"When: working on Data-driven projects"
p. 109: annd --> and
p. 109: import a X records --> import X records
p. 111: "When: Sliding scale requirements" --> "When: Requirements have a Sliding scale"
p. 112: "when: cross-cutting concerns" --> "when: dealing with cross-cutting concerns"
p. 112: "What exactly the system have to do" --> "What exactly does the system have to do"
colivier (1) [Avatar] Offline
Pg 17, Paragraph before "Refining the specification": "It the system works correctly..." should be "If the system works correctly... "
Chapter 7, p. 131 & p. 133: "An specification" --> "A specification"
chapter 8:
p. 143: when i'm tired... i don't --> I'm tired... I don't
p. 143: pinpointing --> pinpoint
p. 143: broken link in footnote: gojko.net... the screen says "... just-evil", but the link ends on "justevil". probably because of the new line?
p. 143: would be pay off --> would pay off
p. 149: complexity the automation layer --> complexity of the automation layer
p. 151: needs to be maintainable.. --> remove second "."
p. 153: when working with legacy systems: this should be a "When:" subtitle.
p. 154: when: complex integrations --> when: working with complex integrations
p. 154: transfered --> transferred.
p. 155: below the skin of the application --> below the skin of the web application
p. 155: rules are can often be --> rules can often be
p. 159: the dumb dumb way --> the dumb way
p. 161: check for for mandatory --> check for mandatory
p. 162: six months layer --> six months later
p. 166: when: data-driven systems --> when: working on data driven systems
p. 168: when: legacy data driven systems --> when: working on legacy data driven systems
p. 168: a real cow and it pull its --> a real cow and pull its
chris_j (1) [Avatar] Offline
p. 106 - "of examples suggested as edge caseunderstanding" -> "of understanding"
p. 107 - "and a verfication for acceptance acceptance testing" -> "and a verfication for acceptance testing"
malyvelky (1) [Avatar] Offline
Notation: -text to be removed-, +text ot be inserted+

p. 131: we can just specify that a user -have- +has+ $100 available on the card
p. 134, figure 8.2: the 2nd cell on the last row should be "10/10/2011" but is "10/10/201/"
pwagland (4) [Avatar] Offline
Well, the book is already in print, but in case you ever reprint it… Will anything be done with these? Should I add more if I find more?

Page numbers are for the epub version.

pg 53: “I propose we talk about specifying collaboratively instead of test first or writing acceptancIt sounds quite normal to put every single numerical possibility into an automated functional test.”

pg 155: “Implement Specification by Example as part of a wider process cha- ange: When: On greenfield projects”

There are quite a few of these hyphenation errors to be found. Should I list them all here?

Excerpts From: Gojko Adzic. “Specification by Example: How Successful Teams Deliver the Right Software.” iBooks.