rpgoldman (26) [Avatar] Offline
As I see such a huge flurry of comments and markup, it actually inhibits me from further reading the MEAP I have. I don't want to spend a lot of time providing comments and corrections about issues that others have already found, and the forum is not a good tool for finding previous reports.

As an aside, for these prerelease manuscripts, maybe a bugzilla --- with its features for finding pre-existing bugs, and the ability to mark bugs as cleared, duplicate, etc. --- would be a better choice than this kind of forum. We really are beta-testers and bug reporters, rather than people conducting a free-form discussion, so the forum is really a bad tool.

Anyway, it would help if you were to pick a time to issue a new copy of the manuscript, so that "beta testers" could just go over it and pretty safely assume that any issues they find are new bugs, instead of old ones.

Cheers,
r
kencausey (8) [Avatar] Offline
Re: When can we expect a new MEAP?
Indeed, it has been over 5 months now.

Message was edited by: kencausey, nixed the comment about chapter numbers since the relevant forum posts predate the last MEAP update.
kencausey
PntBlnk (1) [Avatar] Offline
I agree. A MEAP update would be excellent!
Chouser (21) [Avatar] Offline
It's my understanding that a new MEAP is on the way, perhaps within a week or two.

Sorry we haven't been more communicative on this. As authors we have hardly any more visibility into the process than you do.

--Chouser