The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

dwitherspoon (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I've come across something that is confusing me, even after 3 reads.

In section 2.5.1 under "Routing after a CBR"...after the CBR, is the message just being duplicated on the continuedProcessing queue? Or is Camel consuming messages from xmlOrders, csvOrders and badOrders and then pushing them to continuedProcessing?

If it's the former, then it must be just to prove that routing after a CBR is possible. If it's the latter, then there must be some text missing explaining what's going on under the covers.

Thanks.
davsclaus (413) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Routing after CBR confusion
When the message is _at the end_ of the when/choice in the CBR then it will continue routing after the CBR. So if the message is a XML message it will be send to the JMS queue xmlOrders. And after that the message is continued and routed after the CBR.

The routing acts just as you would do using plain to as shown below:

from jms:imcomingOrders
to jmssmiliemlOrders
to jms:continuedProcessing
dwitherspoon (3) [Avatar] Offline
So, it's not getting pulled off the xmlOrders queue and then pushed onto the continuedProcessing queue, right? I think you're saying that it's put on one of the queues in the choice block, and then also on the continuedProcessing queue.

The diagram is a bit confusing in this regard...since it seems to show it coming off one of the choice queues, and then pushed onto the continuedProcessing queue.
davsclaus (413) [Avatar] Offline
That is correct.

The confusing you may have is that its JMS messaging involved, which has the semantics of _fire and forget_.

The diagram is how its laid out in the EIP book as well, its a common way of documenting this.