MaqZ (14) [Avatar] Offline
Is anyone working on this book ?? (three years is a pretty long time for a book)
willie.wheeler (110) [Avatar] Offline
Re: work in progress?
Hi MaqZ,

Yeah, I am. And yes, the book is taking longer than anyone would have liked, myself very much included.

To address that, we're bringing on a coauthor to help wrap things up. He will write the last two chapters while I finish the edits.

Regarding the edits: I'm updating the existing fourteen chapters--making them current where it makes sense (e.g. updating the Spring 2.5 to Spring 3, updating the Spring Security 2 material to Spring Security 3 as there were some important simplifications to authorization), incorporating feedback from reviewers and readers on this forum, cleaning up the source code, adding lots of figures, etc.

Thanks very much for your continued patience.
Willie
fdaoud (15) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Willie,

Keep up the good work! You're almost at the finish line. I know how hard it is to write a book, believe me. So I just wanted to send words of encouragement. I've read some of the MEAP and it's awesome. I am very much looking forward to reading the final version!

Thank you for your efforts,
Fred Daoud
blong24 (3) [Avatar] Offline
I was reviewing the chapter on Spring WebFlow and was wondering how to do form validation. My version just has 'Text' in section 5.5 Will or is this section completed?

Thanks
joshua.white (14) [Avatar] Offline
Could you clarify what you mean by 'Text'?

Joshua
blong24 (3) [Avatar] Offline
'Text' is what is displayed. I don't know if I have an early version and it wasn't completed yet? It just has no information in section 5.5
joshua.white (14) [Avatar] Offline
blong24,

Please visit https://account.manning.com/ and download a more recent version of the text. Let me know if you have any additional difficulty.

Regards,

Joshua