larrycai (20) [Avatar] Offline
generally I like this chapter 1, below are small comments

P15, bottom
following four fundamentals..
The item number is not correct, only need show before Collaboration/Integration/Automation/CI.

P15, top
Agile ALM statement in block, the contents are good, but they are little weak, not excellent statements, could be improved.

P19, Configuration Items block
The following reference ....
It is better to list as bullet to easy reading.

general comments
1. All the figures could be improved with more professional (good but not excellent)
2. TOC: better to have second level chapter visible in separate page to easy reading (like chapter 1.1)

(just for reference, more comments are coming since I love this book smilie
michael.huettermann (18) [Avatar] Offline
Re: format on chapter 1
thanks for your great feedback!!

It is only the current PDF export that has some optical defects including the item numbers. I've already changed the format in the text quite some time ago so that the next PDF export should look better next time as well. The TOC will be exported by Manning, according to their standard.

The Agile ALM overview block is a first and very brief overview, on page 4 of chapter 1. I did not want to give too many details here, at that very beginning of the first chapter.

The Configuration Item (CI) block: you are right. Actually, I've listed all those different resources after an intensive discussion with a reviewer. My definition of CI is pretty common I think, and those books are on my private bookshelf, and clear recommendations, especially for reading more and detailed definitions.

Thanks that you love my book!! smilie