The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

matthew.scarpino (9) [Avatar] Offline
Hello all,

This is Matt Scarpino, and I'd like to welcome all of you to the forum for OpenCL in Action. If you have any questions or comments related to the book in progress, please post a message. I'll do my best to respond promptly.

Thanks!
Matt
Neon22 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Welcome to the OpenCL in Action forum!
I am intensely interested in the Python bindings. Will you be spending any time on those.
I am using the python bindings to opencv and hope to integrate them with openCL.
Hi Neon,

The book will discuss the bindings for C++ and Java, but there are no plans to include the Python bindings just yet.

Thank you,
Matt
frares (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
At the end of page 9, in the last two lines of the left column of Table 1.1, the "dealer" has been called "host", if I understood correctly the example.
Hi frares,

You're absolutely right. I've updated the table and we'll make sure the changes reach the final book.

Thanks!
Matt
andaluri (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Is there a separate tar ball or link for the source code of examples presented in the book? or just copy and paste the code from the book? I appreciate if you could provide links or guidance?

Thanks
Sam
Hi Sam,

Yes, we've added two links to the main page (www.manning.com/scarpino2) that contain the source code for Chapters 1-3. The link "Source code 1" is directed toward GNU-based builds and "Source link 2" is directed toward Visual Studio 2010 builds.

Matt
To Neon22 and all others interested --

Due to popular demand, we've decided to include a discussion of PyOpenCL, the Python-OpenCL binding released by Andreas Klöckner. I've tried it out, and it certainly seems like a great package.

Matt
Neon22 (2) [Avatar] Offline
well that is welcome news. I personally think the python bindings are going to make a huge impact.
Thanks