helino (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

is there going to be .mobi edition for the Kindle of this book? Is the MEAP available as mobi?

Thanks!
Erik
Nathan Youngman (42) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Kindle (.mobi) edition?
Erik,

I have a copy of the MEAP, and no, Manning presently only makes MEAPs available in PDF format. The PDF works okay on a Kindle DX, probably less so on a regular Kindle.

I'm hoping that we soon have a final copy in both PDF and Mobi, though it is not included on Manning's coming soon list for Mobi/Epub formats:
http://www.manning.com/catalog/mobile/

- nathan
helino (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi nathany,

thanks for your answer. I spoke to Marjan Bace at Manning directly, and they told me that there will be a .mobi edition once the book is released, but not during the MEAP period.

They also told me that if I bought the MEAP, I would get access to the .mobi edition once the ebook was released, so I went ahead and bought it!

Thanks Marjan for providing excellent support, and Manning for providing a .mobi version!
Nathan Youngman (42) [Avatar] Offline
Now that the final ebook is out, when can we expect to see the .mobi version?
alex.b (4) [Avatar] Offline
Same question.

PDF is painful to read on the Kindle.
*crickets*

So, that's a "no"?
lypanov (2) [Avatar] Offline
It's coming. My Erlang & OTP one just arrived, that was already published months ago, and Joy Of Clojure a short while back.

I can't even email them, their support email address must be marking me as spam.

Message was edited by lypanov because he had had a bad day first time he posted.
michael.fogus (135) [Avatar] Offline
As the author of the book I sadly do not have visibility into the progress of the other digital formats. However, I have been told that they are in progress. I apologize, but I wish that I could provide something more substantial.
lypanov (2) [Avatar] Offline
As a complete outsider, I'd guess at a few weeks more for JoC. Either way, the epub conversion of Erlang OTP (I just started reading it) is excellent quality, so I don't mind waiting really!

Turns out my last email to Manning was lost to the evil spam overlords, received a reply after a second such email 10 minutes after sending it smilie
Still waiting..........
infosophy (1) [Avatar] Offline
+1

Also waiting for the Kindle edition.
It's been 3 months after the book is out. At this point I think Manning dropped the ball on this one. Very disappointing.

Well, fool me once...