rhermanns (1) [Avatar] Offline
Michael,

Why does it take so long, to get the book published?
Since all chapters are marked as available, when will the book actually be in print?
After reading already your previous awesome german book, I'd like to see your upcomig book printed... It would really be a benefit for my english speaking clients...

cheers,
Rainer
weswilliamz (1) [Avatar] Offline
Re: When the book will finally be available?
I agree, after reviewing the book this weekend it seems to be complete. What is left to do to publish the book?

Thanks,
Wes
rgielen (1) [Avatar] Offline
Same here - since I buyed the MEAP+print bundle some months ago and the chapters are already complete, I expected the printed book to be available at least for Devoxx. But while several speakers such as John Ferguson Smart mentioned the book as a reference, the actual book is announced to be delayed until .... April?

Could someone at Manning please enlighten us what is holding up the printed release?

Cheers,
- René
michael.huettermann (18) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,
from my side the manuscript is completed for quite a while. I don't know why the release of the book was postponed from December 2010 to April 2011. According to the recent schedule Manning finishes editing the manuscript before Christmas. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers
Michael
A brief update: at the moment, we have three chapters (from nine) again edited by Manning. Manning suggested some additional text and suggested to subtract some sections. I've already returned the reviewed and corrected revision back to Manning. I assume that Manning will provide the updated material as well as the last remaining chapter of the completed manuscript in "early access" soon. The release was postponed from April 15 to April 28, 2011, at Amazon, but I think, we are still in a flow.
A brief update: with some delay I've received all edited chapters, and have corrected and re-submitted the manuscript again to Manning mid of January. We had some confusion because an uncorrected, edited version (with suboptimal quality) slipped into MEAP, but that was fixed by Manning pretty soon.

February, 11th, I've received the information that we are "on track", and that I now should write those four small introduction pages that start the individual "parts". I was also asked to create the index of the complete book now. Manning said that they are lining up a copy editor now and that they now have to "need to figure out their schedules".

One last update on the schedule: I've read on the MEAP book page, that Manning now wants to deliver the book in June. That is two months later compared to the recent schedule. But I'm not sure if this is just a typo on the web page, I've asked immediately after discovering, but I did not get any information about that yet. Thanks for your patience!
brief update: I've done what Manning asked me for 02/11: I've submitted the four new part opener docs and created the index entries for all chapters. Manning clarified that the new release date on the MEAP web page was just a problem with their automatic recalculation program. Meanwhile, Manning reset the displayed release date back to April. Now I'm looking forward to hearing from the "production" team at Manning. They say they will contact me regarding "the technical proofreader and the copy editor". Great news, Manning will line up one of their best copy editors and they just need to figure out their schedules.
Small update: Meanwhile, the book is completely copyedited. After copyediting was done successfully, at the moment Manning is incorporating feedback from the "technical proofreader" and additionally, Manning's editor is editing the manuscript. Chapters are forwarded to me afterwards to review and adjust where necessary. I've returned chapters 1-3. I'm waiting for the other chapters now to be passed to me successively. Thanks for your patience.
OK, now 8/9 chapters of the manuscript include comments from the proofreader and the edits of Manning's editor. I've already reviewed these edits and passed chapters back for clean-up. Chapter 9 is still to come. Yesterday, manning.com published that Agile ALM will not be available in print in June 2010 (according to the recent re-schedule), but in July 2011. I'm sorry for the next delay, I cannot influence Manning's scheduling plans. Thanks for your patience.