The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Rouks (1) [Avatar] Offline
I've just downloaded the last PDF version of the "ExtJS in action" book, and have a strange behaviour on iPad: code samples are not rendering well.
The same file renders correctly under Windows7 (AcrobatReader 9) and on iPhone! Really strange smilie
Any idea? Is this a bug in the file, or in the iPad iBooks reader?
Regards,
Rouks

Edit: (i) previous MEAP file (july 2011) renders fine on iBooks/iPad, and (ii) in that file, "Courier" font was checked "Police à désincorporer" (in French, I don't know in English) in the PDF file...

Message was edited by:
Rouks

Message was edited by:
Rouks
htammen (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Problem with PDF book file (iPad)?
I have the same problem.
It doesn´t matter if I open the pdf with iBooks or in Safari browser at the iPad. The source is shown with cryptic letters either way.

When I open one of the sample pdfs from the manning web site the sourcecode renders fine. So it seems that the preparing process of the pdf that writes the username into it causes this problem.

Regards
Helmut
jesus.garcia (463) [Avatar] Offline
I don't think that's the case (user name). Manning is aware and I hope they work to address the issue.
H. Baris Ozel (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I am trying to open the pdf file in good reader on ipad there is a same problem. How can we fix it?

Regards.
htammen (2) [Avatar] Offline
I also couldn't open it in good reader but I could export it from good reader to iBooks and then also the source code was readable there.

Regards Helmut
firefoxSafari (2) [Avatar] Offline
I had this problem as well on the iPad. I was able to fix it by upgrading from iOS 3.2.2 to 4.2. I strongly suspect the font used for the code samples isn't present or is corrupt on iOS 3.2.2.