The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

rlewkov (7) [Avatar] Offline
page xxxi, para 2, sentence "After the specifications are automated literally, we get can execute them to validate the system. In effect, we get Executable Specifications."
-- "we get can" doesn't seem to be correct

page xxxi, para 3, sentence "If we talk about continuous integration, then we get into the trouble of explaining why these tests should not always be end-to-end and check the whole system."
-- I think it should read "should not always be run end-to-end"

[age 8, para 1, sentence "That typically leads a big improvement in product quality."
-- Should probably be "That typically leads to a big improvement in product quality."

page 21, para 2, sentence "The team can then suggest a solution that is cheaper, faster, easier to deliver or maintain than what the business users would come up on their own."
-- sentence should end "would come with up on their own."

page 24, para 2, sentence "This is a fully automated acceptance test prepared as a HTML document for Concordion, just one of literal automation tools."
-- sentence should end "just one of many literal automation tools."

page 24, para 2, sentence "The specification in Figure 2.3 is an example of an acceptance test written for FitNesse, another popular literal automation tool that uses values from table columns as inputs and expected outputs for to automated tests."
-- sentence should end "for automated tests."

page 41, para 2, sentence "Let's say that we want to have twelve releases over the next twelve months (most of the teams I interviewed would do twice that figure), and that the User Acceptance Testing takes in average three days."
-- sentence should end "takes on average three days."

page 42, para 5, sentence "They ended up wasting a lot of time and effort, building a suite of tests that is very technical and business users and testers were not able to use it."
-- I'd reword to "They ended up wasting a lot of time and effort building a suite of tests that was very technical and which business users and testers were not able to use."
gojko.adzic (18) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Some edits
thanks for the edits, I'll integrate them.

Don't worry too much about copy-edits in the future, the book will go through copy-editing once it the draft is ready. I'm much more interested in problems such as confusing/unclear ideas, sentences that are hard to read or understand or conclusions that you don't agree with at this point.