The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

datadebreif (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi, just some little things that stood out to me whilst reading the introduction (as at the date of this post). I understand it is in a pre-editing stage, but thought I better mention them just in case (as they are in the free download which readers may base an opinion on).

The first few may well be ok, they just read a little strange to me (refer to a real editor).

Who Should Read this book (pg xxi)
"A few years ago...have not heard of ..."
Could be "... had not heard of.."

"... problems that teams faced ..."
Could be "... problems that teams face ..." (1st line, xxii)

"They are often completely ... that had the same issues."
Could be "They are often completely ... that have the same issues." (last line same para)

Notes on formatting
Try this: Steal ideas from other teams
"Good ideas that you can try to adress ..."
Could be "Good ideas that you can try to address ..." (pg xxv)

Avoid this (VIP): Shooting yourself in the foot
"...it means that it the problem can occurring in many different contexts..."
Could be "it means that the problem can occur in many different contexts" (pg xxvi)
gojko.adzic (18) [Avatar] Offline
Re: "Introduction" minor typos and grammatical things
thanks, i'll fix this. you can ignore spelling/grammar errors in the future, the book will go through copy-editing now.