The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

reavels (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Disclaimer: I am the architect for NAVTEQ's Advertising Technology Group

I am currently reviewing the book and I would like comment on the monetization chapter. On pg 204 it says:
"It is worth pointing out that while a few of the major mobile advertising networks purport to have the capability to deliver location-based adverts (i.e. dynamically changing local ads within a LBS application) none has officially rolled out the service."

I was surprised to read this because NAVTEQ's Location Point Advertising platform is in fact rolled out and has been for about a year now. I know that back in the day Murat prototyped Centrl with LPA, probably the first client in fact.

We would be more than happy to work with you on an example in the book. We have some great features including banners that indicate distance to the storefronts and click-to-map, click-to-route, etc

My email address is simon.reavely@navteq.com

BTW...I love the book, I'll post a review on my personal blog real soon!
richard.ferraro (3) [Avatar] Offline
Re: I wondered about mention of NAVTEQ's LPA in monetization section?
Hi Simon,

thanks for your feedback and apologies for the delay in the response.

I take your comments on board -I should have clarified that what I was referring to was not a technical limitation but rather an issue with lack of location-based ad inventory at the time.

The statement I made was around a year ago, and for sure, things have changed now.

I will look to update in a final book review due at the end of this month.Please feel free to mail me an example (with images) from the ad types you mention and I will try my best to include if possible. My mail is rf@goldengekko.com.

Thanks again for your support -look forward to your blog article! I also write on my own blog, so would be happy to include your blog post there as a guest posting.

Ric