This topic is READ ONLY
Bennjamin (27) [Avatar] Offline
I can't find a way to open PythonCard on my mac!!! I did the installation and everything, how do i find the program to edit the GUI???
warren.sande (211) [Avatar] Offline
Re: PythonCard
We are looking into this. Sorry we don't have an answer for you right now, but we're working on it.

Regards,
Warren Sande
naomi.ceder (72) [Avatar] Offline
Did you use the Mac installer package? Or did you install PythonCard separately? Which version of the OS are you running?

If it was part of the installer , PythonCard will be in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PythonCard and the editing tools, etc are in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PythonCard/tools - If you are not using Python 2.5 then change the occurrences of "2.5" to match the version of Python.

To start the resource editor, the only way I've found so far is to:

1. open a terminal window
2. cd /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PythonCard/tools/resourceEditor
3. use the command 'python2.5 resourceEditor.py'

It should be possible to create a workflow to do all of this more conveniently.

Hope this helps,
Vern Ceder
macmath (2) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you.
I had the same problem and found this thread by searching.
After I had the problem, I used Pacifist to see where PythonCard was installed...it was installed in
/tmp/
for some reason. After reading your post, I copied PythonCard into
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/
and everything works nicely now.

Thanks.
Ed
naomi.ceder (72) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for the report - that helps as I go back and check the installer...

I'm glad that solution worked for you.

Cheers,
Vern
macmath (2) [Avatar] Offline
You're welcome.

My problem was a little different than that of the original poster. I was trying out "Hangman" from the Hello_World_Examples folder and when I tried to run it, it gave me the error along the line that it couldn't access PythonCard. I am running OS X 10.6.5 (and on another computer 10.5.smilie and the installer seemed to install the folder PythonCard in /tmp/ rather than in the location you indicated.

Thanks.
Ed
> I can't find a way to open PythonCard on my mac!!! I
> did the installation and everything, how do i find
> the program to edit the GUI???

Thank you everyone, this was a big help! smilie
Wait.. i tried directly opening the file by going to it and running it, but i get a bunch of errors on the shell when it started up i resize the window(resizing the window still works, though) and when i try to add a component, it gives me a few errors and nothing happened. what's going on?!?!?!?!? :0
Hello? can someone help me??? it's giving me errors when i open the resource editor... in mac, PythonCard does not work.... WHY??
seriously, am i the only one who has trouble with this??
Wow, about 6 months and still NO REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!! Somebody please please please tell me what to do!!!!!!!
warren.sande (211) [Avatar] Offline
Benjamin,

It's pretty difficult to debug these things, since there are so many things that could be wrong.

You might try uninstalling and re-installing PythonCard. Also make sure you have wxPython installed, and make sure that you have the right versions of wx and PythonCard to go with the version of Python you have installed.

If none of that works, post again and include the error messages you are getting.

Regards,
Warren Sande