The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

HiranDeSilva (3) [Avatar] Offline
I'm working with the MEAP downloaded yesterday Oct 14, 2010. The book is dated June 30, 2010 and has many typo and grammatical errors (more like a draft outline) - so I assume this is not the latest available?

Also, I notice that ExtJS needs to be in a folder within the ChapterXX folder and should be renamed 'extjs3'. But the image s.jpg point to a folder called 'extjs' (this is in Chapter01 HelloWorld.htm). So again I think there must be a later set of Exercise Files.

Any help anyone?
Re: A more recent MEAP ebook please?
Correction ... folder is 'ext3' not extjs3' and at the same level as ChapterXX folder.
Problem: you will still need to rename.
.... unless I'm doing something wrong.
Correction 2 ... ok figured it out.

ExtJS folder needs to be in the root (or Csmilie and named 'ext3'. I haven't read the book page by page so it may be mentioned somewhere. If not it should. Unless it is obvious for newbies.
jesus.garcia (463) [Avatar] Offline
it should not be in your root, it should be in your root directory for the web server.