The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

ChuckDDuncan (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

In addition to my day job (Microsoft Consultant), I am a novelist and playwrite. I have come across many areas suffering from incorrect punctuation or awkward wording.

It would be too cumbersome to email you each of these individually. Should I assumean editor has not yet seen this text and will someday - before final publishing - correct the errors?

Perhaps you would make a version of the document available (editable online perhaps) where comments could be added or phrases highlighted. Maybe I should approach Manning for a side job smilie

I am enjoying the content. I'm sure you have a winner here.

Chuck Duncan
wictor.wilen (29) [Avatar] Offline
Re: General editing
Hi Chuck,
thanks for your comments. Writing and publishing a book passes a whole lot of stages ranging from an idea, to a technical manuscript, copywriting, typesetting etc.
As I am not a native english speaker, just plain ol' Swede doing my best, the english in the current available MEAP book has some rough passages when talking about proper written english. Focus for the MEAP program has been on the technical content. Currently we are busy doing the final technical reviews and copywriting. The text, grammar and language will improve really much before it is sent to the printers. Expect a whole lot of better English when the book is released - and not only the language, I'm adding some really valuable content and side notes as well.

Thanks
/Wictor Wilén