java_on_fire (6) [Avatar] Offline
Hi all,

When using @Remote annotation how would the client on different JVM know where to locate the session bean in the EJB container?

Thanks,
Re: @Remote
ok, so it doesn't look promising, 23 views and not one single answer, Manning if you're going to write something in your book make sure you cover it, @Remore feature was swept under the carpet.
Susan-mhy (11) [Avatar] Offline
Hi, I think you can use jndi to lookup or use @EJB. The latter is mentioned in this book. E.G. chapter 2.3.4
dpanda (136) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
@Remote is declaring an interface as remote so that this can be invoked by a remote EJB client using Java RMI. The actual invocation is done using @EJB and you have to define the jndi.properties that define the remote JNDI connections.

This is covered and is used in the examples for the app server that supports remote EJB injection such as Glassfish and Oracle

-Debu
reza_rahman (456) [Avatar] Offline
Folks,

Kindly take the time to look at previous posts before making new ones. As such, this is a pretty mature forum where most basic questions like @EJB remote access has already been addressed.

Thanks for your help,
Reza
> Hi,
> @Remote is declaring an interface as remote so that
> this can be invoked by a remote EJB client using Java
> RMI. The actual invocation is done using @EJB and you
> have to define the jndi.properties that define the
> remote JNDI connections.
>
> This is covered and is used in the examples for the
> app server that supports remote EJB injection such as
> Glassfish and Oracle
>
> -Debu

Hi Debu,

you mean in later chapter? because i'm still on chapter 2.4.
> Folks,
>
> Kindly take the time to look at previous posts before
> making new ones. As such, this is a pretty mature
> forum where most basic questions like @EJB remote
> access has already been addressed.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Reza

Will do, my apology.
reza_rahman (456) [Avatar] Offline
It's alright. Perhaps we need to make some specific guidelines and post them as an announcement? Generally speaking, we try to loosely follow the JavaRanch guidelines here: http://faq.javaranch.com/java/HowToAskQuestionsOnJavaRanch.

As to questions on @EJB, I would take a closer look at our GlassFish code examples as well as the GlassFish EJB FAQ: https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ejb/EJB_FAQ.html#StandaloneRemoteEJB.

Hope it helps,
Reza
Thank you reza, i did search and found few posts already made on this topic.