The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

mayankmishra (4) [Avatar] Offline
On Page 11: "If we hadn't used this option, the file would be moved"
At first go, I got confused with the objective of operation, if we make it like below, this will be clear that the example shows a copying operation.
"If we hadn't used this option, the file would be moved, not copied"

On Page 16, section 1.4: (Heading) Camel's architecture => Camel's Architecture

On Page 16, section 1.4: "chapter 2 where we explore Camel's routing capabilities" => "chapter 2, where we explore Camel's routing capabilities"

On Page 17, section 1.4.2, table 1.2, description of "Components" service:
"In chapter 7 we will be" =>
"In chapter 7, we will be"

On Page 17, section 1.4.2, table 1.2, description of "Type Converters" service:
"Camel has a mechanism that allows you to easily or automatically..."
=>
"Camel has a mechanism that allows you to manually or automatically..."

Message was edited by:
mayankmishra

Message was edited by:
mayankmishra
janstey (72) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Phrasing: Chapter 1
Thanks for this. Most of the wordings you mentioned were caught in a recent copy edit by Manning. The last one was not though smilie so I'm getting this fixed now.

Cheers,
Jon
mayankmishra (4) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Phrasing: Chapter 1
Page 26: Section 2.2 Understanding endpoints: "In this section we're going to detail" => "In this section, we're going to detail"

Page 27, 2.2.2, "What is JMS": "and has specific elements of reliability" => "and has specific properties of reliability". I guess properties is better word for describing behavioral attributes of reliability.

Page 33, Listing 2.1: I can see "public cl-ass", requires to be "public class"

Page 34, figure 2.8 and in the line above it: We can write "FTP Consumer" and "JMS Producer" to resolve some ambiguity which raises when we see Consumer feeding messages to Producer.

Message was edited by:
mayankmishra