The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

rootsikal (7) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

I'm still learning Ext Js (see my previous post smilie )
Now, I'm on the Chapter 6 and I'm trying the example 6.2.2 : Implementing a remote loading combo box.

In my case, the Combo Box is not populated with all the names contained in the Json object, obtained from the php link..

Can someone help me to understand why?
Is there a way to write an Exception to firebug console to see where comes the error from (if there is one)?

Remark: I'm working from my Company's Office....so there is a proxy here.. i don't know if this can have a role in my "non-populated combo box"?

thanks a lot
rootsikal (7) [Avatar] Offline
Re: ExtJS In Action - Example Chapter 6
Hi

Finally i found a solution which is OK for me...

In fact, after loading the page and clicking on the down-arrow to open the list of the ComboBox, i wanted to see the list of the names (the one obtained form the .php file)...
but nothing was happening...

I just change the minChars form 1 to 0.. and now it's working.. i do not need to write some text to see names in the list of the ComboBox...

thanks