The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

anthonyM (7) [Avatar] Offline
'To fully understand the aggregator EIP pattern we will use much space in this book to cover it well. So don't despair if you don't understand the pattern in the first few pages.'

Maybe could rephrase this as:

'A relatively large proportion of this book is dedicated to describing the aggregator EIP pattern in detail, so don't despair if you don't understand it in the first few pages."
davsclaus (413) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Phrasing - Section 8.2
Hi Anthony

Thanks for reporting the typos and suggestions for improving the language.
I have noted this and will get this coordinated with the copy editor.
No problem. If you're happy for me to continue doing this, I'll raise anymore I happen to notice.

If this sort of review is covered off elsewhere, then I am happy to not trouble you with them as well - just let me know. I promise I won't be offended!

Anthony.
Comment under figure 8.2 needs fixing:
'The the Aggregator published a single message distileed from the individual messages'

Probably should be:
'The aggregator publishes a single message distilled from the individual messages'.
Also page 230:

'To better understand these three configurations we will review an example and see how the Aggregator works and where the configuration come into the picture'

should be 'comes into the picture'.
davsclaus (413) [Avatar] Offline
Some of the chapters haven't had a first pass copy editing yet, such as chapter 8. And therefore this chapter has more language issues than others.

However currently the copy editor is going over all chapters. And he will spot and correct all those mistakes.