sithlord (49) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

When will you be publishing new chapters? I am particularly interested in Part 2 Core Spring Batch.

Cheers,
/.Will
netname (21) [Avatar] Offline
Re: New chapters
Hi,

Although there are no schedules for the MEAP books, there is an understanding that there are going to be regular updates. I hope there are new chapter coming soon, or at least some kind of update on this forum from the authors.

Thanks,

Alberto
arnaud.cogoluegnes (73) [Avatar] Offline
apologies for the late response, I need to fix my notifications on this forum! smilie

regarding your question, a new chapter was posted last week (chapter 8, about the processing phase.)

we try to post a new chapter every month. Here is a list of the chapters (no particular order, all these chapters are work in progress) that will available in the upcoming months: chapter 11 (enterprise integration), chapter 4 (configuration), chapter 5 (job launching), and chapter 14 (testing.)

Arnaud
SpringBatchGuyWannaBe (4) [Avatar] Offline
How do you access new chapters. I have 10 chapters and see that the 11th chapter is now available. I read that I am suppose to get an email letting me know the chapter is available. I have not gotten the new chapter.
same thing for me actually (authors are also registered to the MEAP of their book). I'll ask Manning and I'll let you know.
SpringBatchGuyWannaBe (4) [Avatar] Offline
I just called Manning Publishing and was told about the Manning MEAP User Accounts:

https://account.manning.com

I registered with the same email address I used to get access to the MEAP. After I confirmed the link, I logged into the site, and my user account had the latest Spring Batch In Action PDF. Give it a shot and see if that works for you.
dmarichards@rogers.com (1) [Avatar] Offline
When can I get a copy of the Chapter 14 Scaling and the Appendix A and B
These are the chapters I really bought the book for.
I would like to get these three chapters it even if they are draft.
there should be a new MEAP release really soon, with all the chapters. BTW, we merged the two first chapters, so the scaling chapter is now chapter 13.