The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Elijah99 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Notes on your book.
Note: all page references are based on the pdf number and not that of the number on the printed page.
=============================
Listing (Page 3)

Part I (note to me starts page 10)
Introduction to Ext JS
This title needs to be backspaced it looks like 1 character

Part II (note to me starts page 85)
Ext components
Title listing does not match page 85 title of 'Ext JS Components'
#4. The word 'windows' should be 'Windows'(capitalized) to match up with naming convention of the other areas.
#4 Title 'Panels, TabPanels, and windows' does not match that of the page it's on 'A place for components'
#6 Title 'Ext takes Form' does not match that of the page it's on 'Ext JS takes Form'
page 4 Preface
3rd paragraph improper spacing on second line. "my goals. I"
5th paragraph, 1st line add the word me to '... was presented to,...' should be '... was presented to me,'
6th paragraph, 2nd line add the word to to '... figure out ways explain complex...' should be ''... figure out ways to explain complex...'

page 5 Acknowledgments
2nd paragraph, 1st line add the word me to '...supporting during...' should be '... supporting me during...'
2nd paragraph, 4th line add the word and to '...grateful lucky...' should be '...grateful and lucky...'

page 6 About this Book
2nd paragraph, 1st sentence reads awkwardly not sure what is meant at the '...framework great detail,...'
4th paragraph, 4th line add the word it to '...because requires...' should be '...because it requires...'

page 7 Roadmap
Note: All references to 'Part #' are using numbers but on page 3 they use roman numerals I, II, III, IV etc

Item 'Part 1"
Title does not match page 3 title 'Part 1' or 'Part I'

1st paragraph, 2nd line reads awkwardly not sure what it's suppose to be '...framework well understood...'
1st paragraph, 4th line add the word the to ...you will know inticiacies...' should be '...you will know the inticiacies...'

Item 'Chapter 3'
not indented correctly
Change the referece to 'part one' to match that of how it was declared 'Part 1'
Also if you could review it as it referenced four (4) topics but I'm only counting three (3)

Item 'In Part 2"
Change this title to be consistent with the first listing title 'Part 1' so it reads 'Part 2' and does not read 'In Part 2'
Also, naming from page 3 to this title does not match 'Ext Components' or is it 'Ext JS Components'?

Item 'Chapter 5'
Title spacing incorrect
2nd line change the word 'implementations' to 'implementing'

Item 'Chapter 6'
1st line add the word you to '...walking through...' should read '...walking you through...'
2nd line change '...and learn how to...' to '...and teaches you how to...'
4th line not sure why the " is there.

Item 'In Part 3"
Title does not match page 3 title 'Part 3' or 'Part III'
Change this title to be consistent with the first listing title 'Part 1' so it reads 'Part 3' and does not read 'In Part 3'
1st line naming from page 3 to this title does not match 'DataStore components' or is it 'Data driven components'?

Item 'Chapter 7"
Add the word and to '...Stores GridPanels...' should be '...Stores and GridPanels...'

page 8 Roadmap
Item 'Chapter 10'
Incorrect indentation

Items 'Part 4, Chapter 13, Chapter 14, Chapter 15, Part 5, Chapter 16, Chapter 17' are all slightly indented incorrectly

Item 'In Part 4"
Title does not match page 3 title 'Part 4' or 'Part IV'
Change this title to be consistent with the first listing title 'Part 1' so it reads 'Part 4' and does not read 'In Part 4'

Item 'Part 5'
Title does not match page 3 title 'Part 5' or 'Part V'
1st line naming from page 3 to this title does not match 'Building applications' or is it 'Building Applications'?

Item 'Chapter 16'
1st line change '...application basics...' to '...application design basics...'

Item 'Chapter 17'
2nd line change '...CRUD...' to '...CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)...' please dont assume everyone knows this I have been doing front and back end development for a long time and only in the past year has the term stuck in my head.

page 8 Code Conventions
3rd line funky symbol and indentation prior to the word '...Italics...'

Also would be beneficial to mention by the download section that you are using php as your server language and whatever database as well in the example download.

page 10 Part 1 Introduction to Ext JS
Should title be Part 1 or part I from page 3?
2nd paragraph, 4th line reads awkwardly at '...learn key items bootstrap our applications...'

page 12
1st paragraph 2nd line change the word 'sweet' to 'suite'
1st paragraph 2nd line awkwardly written sentence '...full sweet of with the Layout...'

2nd paragraph 1st line change the word 'with' to 'within'

page 14 1.1.12
1st paragraph 1st sentence just ends it is incomplete.

page 15
1st paragraph 2nd line spelling change 'widgeets' to 'widgets'
Also I would reword that sentence as it reads awkwardly

Item 1.1.3
1st line drop the word 'With' so it reads 'Ext JS can help...'

page 19
Item Layouts
4th line add the word of to '...level understanding Containers and Layouts...' should read '...level understanding of Containers and Layouts...'

page 23
Item 1.3.5
3rd paragraph change the word 'regex' to 'regular expressions (a.k.a. regex)' becaues not everyone has done or knows what regex stands for.

page 24
Item HTML Editor
1st line add the word and to 'WYSIWIG(...) is like...'so it reads ('WYSIWIG(...) and is like...'

page 27
Item 1.4.3 Meet the new Layouts
Says five new layouts but only lists four (4)

page 28
Item 1.4.4 Grid ColumnModel Enhancements
1st paragraph 3rd line awkwardly written sentence

page 29
Item 1.4.5 ListView, like GridPanel on a diet
1st paragraph 4th line reads awkwardly '...features such these include...'

page 31
1st paragraph 1st line change 'We now have all just about all of...' to 'We now have just about all of...'

page 32
1st paragraph 1st line change the word 'man' to 'many'

Item 1.5.2 Setting up Ext JS for the first time
As a newbee in this I am confused as to why the ext-all-debug.js is included. I thought this was optional.
I would suggest changing it from '...to include at least two required ...' to '...to include two required ...'
I would suggest changing it from '...and at least one CSS File.' to '...and one required CSS file ...'

page 34
Item 1.5.4 Configuring BLANK_IMAGE_URL
8th line spacing needed on '...sis...' to '...s is...'

Stopped reading at 1.6 Take it for a test drive

I'll pick up where I left off on another post for now I got work to do.