The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

JasonBunting (6) [Avatar] Offline
Noticed you guys addressed the OSS tool RoundhousE in the latest chapter, any thoughts on adding information regarding the use of the related tool UppercuT? (http://projectuppercut.org/)

Thanks!
Jason Bunting
craig.berntson (25) [Avatar] Offline
Re: RoundhousE - great! What about UppercuT?
No plans to cover UppercuT. We just don't have the time or the page count to cover every tool out there.
JasonBunting (6) [Avatar] Offline
I understand, the only reason I thought to ask is that UppercuT is related to RoundhousE, which you did cover, so I thought it might be worth mentioning.

I hear very good things about it, and am going to be using it instead of Nant with CruiseControl.NET on my current project - is it worth even a mere footnote?

smilie
craig.berntson (25) [Avatar] Offline
It probably won't get a mention, even in a footnote. We'd then have to footnote every tool out there. The book is not designed to be a solution for every CI need or for every team, but to explain CI concepts. We elected to show how to do things with various tools from free to very expensive.

But we appreciate your feedback and question.
ferventcoder (1) [Avatar] Offline
I was just pointed to this thread this morning. Thanks Craig, I didn't get to see the last two chapters, but I'm glad to see you liked RoundhousE.

It was good to meet you back in February in Denver.