The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

TLCinAction (32) [Avatar] Offline
On my main form, I have a field where I populate the value from form loaded data by clicking on the master grid (dept).

Loading form data activates detail buttons to add new employee. On my EmployeeEditorWindow I have added a combobox that I want to filter by the key field from the form.

I keep getting undefined and if I try to declare the variable

var container=Ext.get('container).getValue();

then my url for the combo store;

url: 'controller=x&method=y&can='+container

I get var container... is Null.

I believe this is because the form window hasn't completely rendered before trying to get value, although the combo is declared after the form field I am trying to "get".

If I remove the call to get value and just let the form render, the container field shows up with the prepopulated value I am sending to it.

I can post full code of files in a bit. Does this make sense?
jesus.garcia (463) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Filter combobox from form field : based on EmployeeEditorWindow /Form Ch16
TLC, try Ext.getCmp() instead of Ext.get