The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

blindmatrix (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hello, not sure if it's important but I'll post it until somebody tells me otherwise smilie

Page 63 (According to my reader atleast), section about "2.4.3 Field options for term vectors", paragraph 2, sentence 2;

"Term vectors are something a mix of between an indexed field and a stored field."

should be more like

"Term vectors are something of a mix between an indexed field and a stored field."

And of course, I'm really please with this book, thank you smilie
mike.mccandless (221) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Spelling/grammar
Thanks for posting this correction! It'll be fixed in the final book (which should be out shortly).
blindmatrix (3) [Avatar] Offline
Here's another one

Under "3.5.10 Grouping"
Lucene’s BooleanQuery lets you construct complex nested clauses; likewise, QueryParser enables this came capability with textual query expressions via grouping.

"enables this came capability" should be "enables this same capability"
mike.mccandless (221) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks!