The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

johnicello (8) [Avatar] Offline
This is not specific to EF, however, I couldn't find the answer googling it.

How can you confirm in sql profiler the isolation level that you set in code? The 'Audit Login' always says 'set transaction isolation level read committed', even when I set the transction options to 'Serializable'.

The tool 'Entity Framework Profiler' display of the isolation level refects what's set in code, but the sql profiler does not.

Does anyone know why?
Thanks.
John
johnicello (8) [Avatar] Offline
Re: sql profiler isolation help
In plain ado.net, when I do create two successive connections with serializable isolation level, the 'Audit Login' for the first connection says 'set transaction isolation level read committed', while the 2nd connection's 'Audit Login' says 'set transaction isolation level serializable'.

Again, I know this is not directly related to the book. However, I'm sure the answer would help out other developers that use this book. And if you are using any ORM, youÂ’re going to be looking at sql profiler a lot.
stefano.mostarda (47) [Avatar] Offline
Re: sql profiler isolation help
Hi John,

I'm currently too busy to check this issue. I promise I'll give it a look in the weekend.

Byez
stefano