javacl (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi all.

I'm learning use of EJB and JPA using "EJB3 in Action".

I'am developing an applicatin following examples in the book.

This is the architecture: JSF --> EJB3 Session Bean FACADE ---> Spring Service ----> serviceEAO

I'm using Application Managed Transaction. So,transaction starts when a method is called and ends when the method finish.

My trouble is: in which layer of application this operation is performed?

1. EJB Session Facade ?
2. EAO ?

thank you
Antonio

Message was edited by:
javacl
Susan-mhy (11) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Start and End of transaction
Hi all,
I am reading this book except JPA part.
So I guess javac's question has sth related to Transaction propagation.

I also have some questions about CMT/BMT:
I am reading the Chinese version. The book says If you are using StateFull bean, and using Transaction covering multiple methods, you can only use BMT (6.3.4). I don't understand. Why can't use CMT and join the Transations each time when a method is invoking? Does it mean you start a Tranction in one method and end in another?
Another question is when invoking from the client side, the Transaction can be propogated from client side to server side EJB. Then If the EJB is provided as a webservice, can the Transaction be propogated from client side to server side?

Regards,
Susan
Hi,
And the 3rd question is if a Transaction can propagate from client side to server side, must the client side be in a JTA?

Thanks
Another question is during Transaction propagation, all Tranctions are in one JTA instance? I mean if Transaction A is on Server A, Transaction B is on Server B,are they use one JTA instance? If they are both on Server A, are they use one JTA instance?
Though my question is not replyed, I had to say that it's a good book. Because I turned to the last several chapters of the book, and found many useful knowledge includeing my former questions, some design pattern, performance, deployment....which showed the authors are real experts. An interesting thing is that I found each book I bought has something useful, and ..