The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

rohitr (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,
I went through chapter 11 which talks about 'Running and Embedding Tuscany'.

I am still not sure how Tuscany can be used within Websphere 7.0 container. Can Tuscany be embedded in Websphere 7.0 in such a way that it uses websphere's communication infrastructure (like websphere's EJB, JMS support)? Is it even a good idea to use Tuscany in this way or should we stick to using the IBM's implementation of SCA within the websphere environment?

thanks
Rohit
simon.laws (19) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Tuscany with Websphere 7.0 - Chapter 11
> Hello,
> I went through chapter 11 which talks about
> 'Running and Embedding Tuscany'.
>
> I am still not sure how Tuscany can be used within
> Websphere 7.0 container. Can Tuscany be embedded in
> Websphere 7.0 in such a way that it uses websphere's
> communication infrastructure (like websphere's EJB,
> JMS support)? Is it even a good idea to use Tuscany
> in this way or should we stick to using the IBM's
> implementation of SCA within the websphere
> environment?
>
> thanks
> Rohit

You can install a war that includes Tuscany into WebSphere but as you say you then don't get the benefit of direct integration with the WebSphere environment. For this you can look at the Feature Pack for SCA (http://www-01.ibm.com/software/webservers/appserv/was/featurepacks/sca/) which is based on Tuscany under the covers.

Regards

Simon