The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

TLCinAction (32) [Avatar] Offline
I would like to be able to drag and drop from the detail grids (employee grid on dept form)

to another grid declared in the form header area - replacing the dept form with a grid.

Are there any examples of Drag and Drop in an application like this? How would you incorporate the Drag and Drop example from Ch 13 into an application like this?

I am not totally sure where I should be taking the DnD functions and placing them within the Department Form sequence.

Does that make sense or can I supply some code/pseudocode/screenshots of what I am trying to accomplish? Where should I post a screenshot for this forum?
jesus.garcia (463) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Drag and drop within Ch16 Application
Hi,

What you need to do is implement the drag portion of the code from the second drag and drop chapter dataview with the drop portion of the grid panel.
Re: Drag and drop within Ch16 Application
Sorry - can you reference the section in the book so I can look it up.
NM - Solved
I grabbed Saki's example code and it works well
jesus.garcia (463) [Avatar] Offline
Re: NM - Solved
Cool.