The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

anthropoid (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Bear!

Apologies if this is covered somewhere in the Manning site, but what are the substantive differences between iPhone in Practice and iPhone and iPad in Action? Is it a question of subject focus, approach to the material, or something else entirely?

I've already bought the latter, and am wondering if it's worth springing for your tome as well.

Thanks much!

Adrian
bear.cahill (22) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Practice vs Action
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the question! I asked Manning and this was the response:

"Generally speaking, the in Practice series is geared more to the technically inclined; those that learn new technologies by walking through case studies, sample codes, or "cook book" style writing. In this case, the two books are complimentary in that the in Action book describes the different tools and features of the SDK, while the in Practice book walks readers through those same tools and features as they build their first series of apps."

I hope that helps!
anthropoid (5) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Practice vs Action
Yes, that helps, thanks much! Looks like I'll be buying yours too then. smilie