The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

jeroend (23) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I'm still waiting for the remaining chapters, but as long as they haven't been published yet I've a voting right right?
I realize the release date is slated for may 2010 so I doubt my voice will be heard but.. for me personally I would appreciate it if the author would supply the ajax examples together with spring (mvc), not necessarily in the book but even in accompanying examples would be truly magic..

regards,
Jeroen.
bear.bibeault (675) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Spring MVC
Well, I'm not exactly sure what you'd be looking for in the examples. With Ajax, it doesn't really matter how you operate on the server -- as long as the request results in the expected response, it doesn't matter whether the server uses SpringMVC, or Struts, or Front Man, or even uses Java at all.

Anything you would do on the server using SpringMVC is a pure SpringMVC issue and doesn't really have much to do with jQuery or even Ajax.

The server-side code that comes with the examples is just a thin veneer of JSP and PHP files that "fake it". It's well beyond the scope of the book, or the example code, to provide a proper multi-tiered example application for the server-side of the equation.

If you'd like some help with SpringMVC issues, I'd recommend joining JavaRanch and posting questions in the App Frameworks or JavaScript forums.