The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

mabra (8) [Avatar] Offline
Hi !

I am sitting here [after reading chapter 8] for two days and the frust araises, but no solution in sight ... BTW, this is usual with ext ... [very sorry, to say this smilie ].

I usually configure my GridViews with meta data from the ajax call and now, I'll do the same for the editor grid. But: There seems to be no way to configure editors, editable, and so on. It looks like [never made a EditGrid before], that you have to specify editors for each column!!! Unbelievable, that there are no default editors for javascript default types, like boolean, number, string - so far, with that ext docs, I am unable to find one. Have expected to allow ptype or xtype [although I dont understand this beasts] to apply to a column [see below].

Normally, I configure the columns this way:

viewConfig:
{
onDataChange: function()
{
this.cm.setConfig(this.ds.reader.jsonData.columns);
}
}
[Sorry, the Manning editor is .....]

In this case, nothing has to be configured manually!
This does not work for the EditorGrid.

I tried the following on the columns [testobject in memory]:

{
header: "Description",
dataIndex: "Description",
type: "string",
sortable: true,
editable: true,
width: 180
}

Even the defaults for the columns are NOT applied:

colModel:{
defaults: {
sortable: true,
menuDisabled: true,
width: 100,
editable: true,
editor: textEdt
}
}

All this is ignored and only accepted on every column.

Any tip/help could be really brilliant!!

Thanks so far and
best regards,
mabra
jesus.garcia (463) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Ext.EditorGrid:Too many limitations?!
Hi Mabra, your question is better suited for the Ext JS forums, than here.

There is no "defaults" property (yet) for the column model. I'm hoping they will add that beyond 3.2
mabra (8) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Ext.EditorGrid:Too many limitations?!
Hi !

Thanks !

I got a tip from the ext forum. There are some UX additions, which are not documented in my local ext .... smilie

These looks very promising!

Regards,
--mabra