The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

craig.berntson (25) [Avatar] Offline
It seems like many CI processes only go as far as running unit tests and reporting back on those results. We're taking it way past that in the book. How far does your CI process go? Are you doing static code analysis? Additional testing? Deployment? Something else?
mpaladino (3) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Where does you CI process stop?
Currently only using CI to verify the build and run unit test. Reading this book to help us figure out a clean, repeatable way to automate deployment. We haven't really done much with code analysis at this point, but this automation is addictive, so we'll definitely check that out once we get the initial priorities implemented.
Ă–sten Petersson (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Where does you CI process stop?
at my previous workplace we did the whole shebang:
ncover, fxcop, rebuilt the database, one-click deploy you name it.
it was amazing in the way that you always knew there was a releasable version.
still the step from release to testers and the release to customers where a bit manual.

I am trying to implement a similar process in my new workplace, with some small differences - like no nightly build since that is way to seldom , hourly builds for longrunnning is the target for us. also we have a lot of legacy code and database so the nice fromthestart vanilla database rebuilding is impossible.