The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

marius (1) [Avatar] Offline
I was looking for a way to set a property whose type is a List. After searching around, I found out that there are so-called "multi-valued properties". Checking back in my ebook, I did not find anything about it.
I'm surprise that these multi-valued properties are not mentioned at all in the book.
Of course the book cannot cover all aspects of the specification, but I am sure that this is a common usage which could be covered easily with a few sentences and/or an example.

For those who don't know multi-valued properties yet:
Essentially it is just a way to define an array/list of values for a property.
Here is an example from the Tuscany test suite:

<property name="daysOfTheWeek" many="true" type="xsd:string">"Monday" "Tuesday" "Wednesday" "Thursday" "Friday" "Saturday" "Sunday"</property>

This will be injected into a Java implementation as java.util.List (and I think also as an Array, depending on the field type).
simon.laws (19) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Multi-valued properties missing
Hi

Thanks for the comment. Let me take a look at where we can add a bit of info on this.

Simon