The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

catgsmith (1) [Avatar] Offline
Whats going wrong with chapter 3 (3.3.2 running the mule example)
[I downloaded that latest full download from http://www.esbinaction.com/ , my java is version 1.6.0_18. & windows 7 64 bit]

I followed the thread reply from Don Stadler:-
Start ActiveMQ. I opened another command prompt window and ran:
C:osesbinaction2 oolsapache-activemq-4.1.2inactivemq.bat

In Explorer go to C:osesbinaction2esbmule-2.0.2chapter3.
Create the directories outbox-1 and outbox-2. Copy the file customer.xml from C:osesbinaction2workspaceworkspace-mulemule esourceschapter3 into C:osesbinaction2esbmule-2.0.2chapter3inbox.

Start Mule using the instructions in section 3.3.2, and you should see customer.xml disappear from inbox and generated files appear in outbox-1 and outbox-2.

RESULT:
f418b923-1179-11df-9d5d-91a406bfb805.dat in outbox-1 looks ok
but
f41efab5-1179-11df-9d5d-91a406bfb805.dat in outbox-2 which looks a mess - lots of weird chararcters - doesn't make sense!