The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

craig.berntson (25) [Avatar] Offline
I thought you should get an update on where we are in the writing process. We have completed our initial pass through Chapter 8, so that means the first 2/3 of the book has been written. Now, a detailed editing process begins. Manning will be sending Chapters 1-8 out for tech review soon. This helps ensure a better quality book. But, we're still interested in your input. It's not too late to make changes based on your comments. While the tech editing goes on, we're busy working on the remaining four chapters.

You can expect another MEAP update this week or next. You will see Chapters 5 and 6. Chapter 5 looks at feedback mechanisms for your CI process. We cover the standard CCNet Web Dashboard, TeamCity, and TFS, tray notifiers, email, and other mechanisms. Chapter 6 covers unit testing. NUnit and MSTest are presented. We talk about using both interactively, then how to use them in your CI process. We also discuss other important topics such as test coverage and mocks.

We've updated the Table of Contents. Some chapters have been moved around and the parts have been renamed and reorganized. You should see this reflected in the MEAP update and the online TOC.

I would enjoy meeting you in person and talking about your CI process. You can find events I'll be at on the Manning Author Calendar http://www.manning.com/calendar/. If you're at any event where I'll be, please introduce yourself.

- Craig