The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

st_clair (8) [Avatar] Offline
Hello
Some questions regarding the snippets for the MEAP:

1. Where can I download it?
2. The syntax is different from that of Equinox.
3. I thought all DS should be able to function in any of OSGi's implementation, but looking at your code snippets, I wonder if they would be interpreted by Equinox

Thanks
richard.hall (87) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Source code for the MEAP
> Hello
> Some questions regarding the snippets for the MEAP:
>
> 1. Where can I download it?

The code is at:

http://code.google.com/p/osgi-in-action/

But it is a little out of date rate now since we need to integrate the new chapter examples into our build, but it will be there shortly.

> 2. The syntax is different from that of Equinox.

The syntax of what?

> 3. I thought all DS should be able to function in any
> of OSGi's implementation, but looking at your code
> snippets, I wonder if they would be interpreted by
> Equinox

DS is an OSGi standard, the examples will work with any compliant DS implementation.

Perhaps there is some confusion, but chapter 10 covers three different component frameworks: DS, Blueprint, and iPOJO. None of these are directly interchangeable with each other, but all of them are able to interact with each other via services in the service registry.

-> richard
st_clair (8) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Source code for the MEAP
Thanks for the info.

St Clair