The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

st_clair (8) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

It is somewhat strange that the MEAP PDF does not have any page numbering!

I cannot see the reason for this. Even if it is not final, there ought to be some page numbering for referencing purpose.

I have used other Manning MEAPs, it is the first I am seeing one without page numbering.

The bookmarks subheading cannot replace the page numbers.

I would like to have my MEAP with page numbers. It is a way for me to reference what I read.

Thanks
richard.hall (87) [Avatar] Offline
Re: No page numbering in MEAP
The reason is purely technical, although there might be some way to work around it. We created the document using an OpenOffice master document. This worked fine for a while, but once the document started getting big, many bugs in OpenOffice master document support started to appear. As it is, we are not really able to use the master document and end up treating each chapter individually. At a minimum, you can use the PDF page number if you need to reference a page.
st_clair (8) [Avatar] Offline
Re: No page numbering in MEAP
Thank you for the fast reply.

I understand the explanation, but I hope it can be corrected soon.

St Clair